We love any excuse to eat zucchini but these sliders take our love to a whole new level.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 Per
- 1 extra large zucchini (or 2 medium/large), cut into 16 1/2inch-slices
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese, cut into quarters to get 4 small squares
- avocado oil cooking spray.
- Thoroughly rinse your zucchini and pat the excess moisture with a paper-towel.
Carefully cut off the ends. Now simply cut across the zucchini to slice into 1/2-inch thick coins or rounds.
- Sprinkle the rounds with some salt and pepper, then set aside on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef and all seasonings; stir until well combined.
- Shape the ground beef into 8 equal sized mini-patties, about 1-inch thick.
- Gently pat zucchini rounds dry with paper towels.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with avocado oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat, then add sliced zucchini rounds, cook until slightly charred, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Set zucchini aside on a plate.
- Add burger patties to the pan and sear each side until nicely golden, about 2-4 minutes. Flip on the other side, and add in the cheese. Continue to cook until the beef is done to your liking and cheese is nice and melty!
- Assemble your burger sliders as shown, and serve immediately. Enjoy!