This easy white bean turkey chili recipe is a perfect way to use up leftover turkey around the holidays. It gives a different flavor profile to the leftover meat and also provides you with a healthier meal that is delicious.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans (15-16 oz) white beans / great northern beans
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black Pepper
- shredded Parmesan cheese, sour cream, and cilantro for serving if desired
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, add onion, green pepper, celery and olive oil.
- Cook on medium-high heat until onions are translucent and peppers are tender. Stir in garlic.
- Add chicken broth, beans, and turkey and mix well. Stir in seasonings. Heat to boiling then reduce heat to simmer and cover for 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to simmer and cover for 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
- 1 SmartPoint per serving on FreeStyle Plan or FlexPlan
- 6 SmartPoints per serving on Beyond the Scale
- 10 PointsPlus per serving