This Slow Cooker Taco Soup would be perfect to serve on Game Day. Just make a big pot of it in your slow cooker and have a topping bar with sour cream, cheese, avocado, chips, or whatever else your favorite toppings for tacos might be.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 6 hrs
Yield: 10 Servings
- 1b lean ground beef 93/7 or lean ground turkey
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 1oz packet Low Sodium Ranch Dressing Mix such as Mrs. Dash *see notes
- 1 1oz packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning such as Mrs. Dash *see notes
- 1 32 oz. box (low sodium) Swanson Chicken Broth
- 14.5 oz. can Tomato Sauce (low sodium)
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans Diced Tomatoes with Chiles
- 14.5 oz can Black Beans, drained (low sodium)
- 1 can Corn, drained (low sodium)
- Tortilla chips and added cheese for toppings – extra points
- Saute onions for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown the meat.
- Drain browned ground beef to remove excess fat.
- Add ground beef mixture and all other ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Serving size: 1 cup.