Making Weight Watchers lasagna soup could not be easier. This simple lasagna soup is all the flavors you love without the muss and fuss.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey sausage or 93% lean ground beef (points will be different!)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broke into 2” pieces
- 2 c. fat-free shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Torn fresh basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray.
- Add onions and season with salt. Cook until tender and golden, 5 minutes, then add sausage and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to pot.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes and dried oregano.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add lasagna noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and stir, letting melt into soup.
- Garnish with Parm and basil.
- Serving size: 1 cup.
Blue Points: 7, Green Points: 7, Purple Points: 7