This vegan vanilla strawberry cake is made with fresh strawberries, and Frosted with velvety vanilla frosting. It’s super moist, light and fluffy, spongey and so easy to make, Ideal for special occasions
For the cake layers:
- 400 g all purpose flour
- 100 g almond flour
- 20 g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 g coconut sugar
- 400 ml plant-based milk
- 250 g applesauce
- 150 ml vegetable oïl
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 600 g (vegan) cream cheese
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the decoration:
- 2 handfuls of sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In another bowl mix the oil, applesauce, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk.
- Divide batter equally between 3 20 cm cake tins.
- Bake the cakes until a toothpick inserted in their center comes out clean (mine took 30 minutes to bake). Take the tins out of the oven and let the cakes cool completely.
- Then for the frosting, whisk the three ingredients with a hand mixer until the sugar disolves and the cream cheese becomes fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
- To assemble the cake, place one cake on a serving dish and top it with 1/3 of the frosting. Place a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the frosting. Place the second cake on top and frost it with another 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Top it with a layer of sliced strawberries. Add next the last cake and top it with the remaining frosting. Add some frosting around the cake as well and spread it evenly with a baking spatula to create a naked cake.