These Vegan Matcha Donuts are easy to make, and also happen to be gluten-free and refined sugar free too.
These donuts are super easy to make and so delicious ,and they’re vegan and oven baked!
Enjoy them plain or with a matcha glaze for double pleasure.
Dry Ingrédients :
- 190g (1 1/2 cups ) All Purpose Flour or cake flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp high quality matcha powder
- 150g (3/4 cup) White Sugar
Wet Ingrédients :
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) Soy or almond Milk
- 40g (2 Tbsp) unsweetened soy/coconut yogurt
- 50g (4 Tbsp) melted coconut oil or vegan butter, at room temperature
For the Glaze :
- 140g (1 cup) Icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4- 2 tsp Matcha powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plant milk (coconut/ soy or almond)
- 1 tbsp (15g) vegan butter, melted
- Rose petals, sprinkles or chopped nuts to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare donut tray by spraying with non-stick spray or grease with little oil. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, matcha and salt into a mixing bowl and add the sugar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the soy milk, soy yogurt and melted coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the donut batter into a piping bag and pipe it into the donut mold evenly or use a spoon (but it can get messy).
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring the donuts to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Dip the donuts into the sugar glaze and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray and decorate with toppings.