This vegan Lemon Bread is light, soft, and irresistibly moist, this super bread will be a hit with friends and family!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar, or xylitol for sugar free
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, such as almondmilk yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil, or sub applesauce for fat free
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 large or 2 small lemons (1 tbsp total – don’t omit)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl, combine wet and dry, then stir until just evenly mixed.
- Spread into the pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until loaf has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If desired, frost with either melted coconut butter or 1/2 cup powdered sugar combined with 1 tbsp milk of choice.
Note: The recipe works with spelt, white, or oat flour. It technically works with almond flour (and tastes delicious) but won’t rise or look pretty. Gluten free all purpose flour can work but will be much denser. I prefer the oil version’s flavor and texture, but if you’re used to the texture of oil free baked goods it’s fine to sub applesauce.