This fluffy, sweet Vegan Italian Pear Almond Cake is infused with a nutty almond flavor and topped with in-season sliced pears. the right cake to nibble on within the morning with a cup of coffee or to eat with a nightcap.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 40 minutes
Yield: 8 Slices
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) vegan butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer, mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup superfine almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup +2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 ripe yet firm pears
- Sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer and water. Set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened vegan butter and sugar until lighter in color and airy. Mix in the egg replacer, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- On top of the wet ingredients, add the flour, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Use a fork to sift the dry ingredients and then fold the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add in ¼ cup almond milk. The batter should be quite thick, but if the batter isn’t pourable, add the remaining 2 tbsp of almond milk.
- Prepare your springform pan by greasing it and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Top with the sliced pears and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool. Top with sifted powdered sugar.