Ultra crispy vegan raisin rolls, made with rum grapes, vanilla pastry cream, taste it par excellence.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook : 20 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 Cup + 2 tbsp Plant Based Milk
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Vegan Butter
Raisins Breads :
- 2 Cups + 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 5 gr Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Water
- A Pinch of Salt
- 125 gr Vegan Butter Slab
- Plant Based Milk for Coloration
- 60 gr Dry Raisins
- Place raisins into a bowl, with 1 tsp rum, cover with water and let sit few hours.
- Custard : Remove seeds from vanilla pod. Place them into a pan with the pod and 1 cup plant based milk. Stir and bring to boil. Remove from heat. Let sit 15 min to infuse.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, tumeric, sugar and remaining milk. Stir.
- Heat milk again, pour half of it into the bowl of cornstarch, stir. Transfer back to the pan, stir constantly until thick. Pour into a bowl, cover the custard directly with plastic wrap. Let cool a bit then in the fridge until completely cool down.
- Raisins Breads : Place flour, salt, active dry yeast and butter into stand mixer bowl. Crumble butter with flour. Add water and knead for 10 min. The dough will be a bit sticky don’t add more flour. Cover and let sit 1h30. Dough should double.
- Meanwhile, roll the butter slab into a 10×10 cm square into a zipploc bag. Place in fridge.
- Punch the dough, make an ovale, fold on edge to the midle, the other on on top. Roll into a small rectangle, place into a baking tray and freeze 20 min. Remove and flip the dough and back 20 min into the freezer.
- Meanwhile, remove the butter slab from fridge.
- Now, take the dough and roll it into a rectangle shape on a slightly floured surface. Should be the double of butter slab. Place the slab on the bottom of rectangle and fold the other edge on top. Turn to have the opening at your left. Roll into a long narrow rectangle.
- Now double turn : take one end and fold to 3/4 of the dough, take the other end and join fold 1/4 to join the other end. Roll a bit and fold in half. Place the dough into a baking tray and in fridge for 1h.
- Now simple turn : remove the dough from fridge. Roll it into long narrow rectangle same as the one. Now, fold like a business letter. One end to the middle and the other end on top of the first one. Back into the tray and in fridge 1h.
- Roll the dough into large rectangle. Spread custard, raisins, roll into a log. slice into 8 small rolls.
- Place them on a baking tray, leave some space between. Place the tray into a warm place and let sit for 1h30.
- Brush them with plant based milk.
- ake for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Decorate and enjoy right away.