Light, fluffy, and tossed in a sweet cinnamon sugar coating.They’re vegan, dairy-free, made without yeast, and ready in 30 minutes. Perfect for brunch, dessert, and sharing with friends and family.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 Donuts
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon Sugar :
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken the consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the flax egg, plant-based milk, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix until they evenly combine; do not over-mix the batter.
- Liberally coat a donut pan with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray. Add the batter to each donut slot, filling it only 2/3 of the way so the batter can rise while baking.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Then, transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, melt the vegan butter in the microwave. Brush a donut with melted vegan butter, then gently toss inside the cinnamon sugar. Evenly coat the entire donut, and repeat until all donuts are coated. Enjoy!