Fluffy, soft, completely egg-free & dairy-free, these vegan buttermilk Belgian waffles will be the highlight of your summer day.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
Yield: 4-5 WAFFLES
Vegan Buttermilk :
- 2 cups almond milk, room temperature
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Buttermilk Belgian Waffles :
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, mixed with 5 tbsp water (let thicken for 5 minutes)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oïl
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- Maple Syrup
Make the Vegan Buttermilk :
- Mix the almond milk with the apple cider vinegar. Set aside and let curdle for 10 minutes.
Make the Waffles :
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Pour the vegan buttermilk into the well. Then add the oil, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until just combined and the mixture is no longer lumpy.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Grease your waffle iron with cooking spray. Add 1/2-3/4 cup of batter to your waffle iron.
- Cook for 5 minutes until golden brown on each side, or per your waffle iron’s instructions. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Serve immediately. Top with maple syrup and berries.