Make your weeknight tacos healthy with these Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps! They’re a breeze to throw together and are full of delicious flavors from ground turkey, delicious spices and all your favorite Mexican toppings.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder (preferably 2 tsp regular chili powder and 1 tsp ancho chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Iceberg or Romain lettuce leaves , doubled up, used for serving
- Shredded Mexican cheese , diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, light sour cream, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced.
- Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.