This Strawberry Syrup should have breakfast dish! Perfect for pancakes, waffles, crepes as well as even more. Go the extra mile and also include sweetened whipped cream on the top, you will not regret it!
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and diced small
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 – 8 Tbsp (78g) granulated sugar*, to taste
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) water, divided
- 1 Tbsp (10g) cornstarch
- In a tool sauce frying pan bring strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 2 Tablespoon water to an outrage medium-high warm, stirring regularly.
- Lower warm a little as well as allow to boil until juices are drawn out as well as strawberries have actually softened, about 5 – 6 minutes, mixing sometimes.
- In a tiny dish whisk with each other remaining 2 Tbsp water and also cornstarch up until smooth.
- Put cornstarch mixture into strawberry mixture as well as look boil, mixing constantly, 1 min.
- Eliminate from heat and also allow cool a little. Store in an impermeable container in fridge up to 3 days.