Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is the best comfort food. Tons of chicken in a creamy broth with Mexican flavor make this soup a hit.
Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 7 hrs
Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can green chilies
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups cheddar cheese hand shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- tortilla strips or tortilla chips crushed
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with the chicken broth, green chilies, corn, and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 4.
- Remove the chicken, shred and return to the crock pot.
- Stir in the sour cream and the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook until melted.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, like tortilla strips, more cheese and cilantro.