Creamy, savory-sweet roasted red pepper sauce that comes together with a handful of ingredients and under 20 minutes. Easy, flavorful, and incredibly delicious.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Serving
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, (approximately 3-4 cloves)
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup half-and-half, (or sub with milk of choice or heavy cream)
- 4 oz cream cheese, (softened to room temp and cubed)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers (in water), (drained and rinsed)
- fresh or dried basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta according to the instructions on the package (each pasta varies). Drain well and return to pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. One melted, add the sliced shallots and cook until translucent; 2-3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in half-and-half and stir to loosen any onions or garlic. Add the parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir frequently for 2-3 minutes, or until cream cheese has melted.
- Add the roasted red peppers to warm.
- Safely pour the sauce into a food processor (or safe dish to use an immersion blender) or blender and puree until creamy. Taste test sauce and season with salt and pepper, if desired and to taste. Pour the sauce over the pasta and gently toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!