A pumpkin sheet cake rolled with a delicious cream cheese filling, this classic recipe an irresistible addition to any breakfast menu.
Cake Mix :
- 3 Large Eggs
- ⅔ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree not pumpkin pie mix
- ½ Box Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Filling :
- 8- oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Stick Butter Softened
- 1 ¾ Cups of Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 15x10x1-inch Jelly Roll Pan with Parchment Paper lengthwise . Spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl and beat eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add canned pumpkin puree and beat well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula.
Slowly beat in dry cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice and continue beating for approximately 1 additional minute.
- Pour into Jelly Roll Pan on top of Parchment Paper. Spread evenly over the parchment paper with a rubber spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake at 375° for 11-15 minutes, or until the cake is cooked and a toothpick comes out clean when tested in the center of the cake.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Loosen edges of the cake from the sides of the pan.
- While still hot, sprinkle about 4-6 Tablespoons (or morof powdered sugar on top of the entire cake so it doesn’t stick to itself. While the cake is still hot (important that it is still hot when rolling!), start on the short end of the cake and roll semi-tightly to the other end.
- Wrap in plastic wrap so the cake stays moist and let cool completely, about 2 hours on the counter.
- When your cake is almost done cooling make your cream cheese filling by combining the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium until light and fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat together scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- When the cake roll has cooled completely unroll and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the entire roll (all the way to the edges of the cake). Roll the cake back up making sure not to roll the parchment paper in the cake this time.
- Refrigerate the cake 2-3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and place on a serving platter. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar.
Note: Watch your cake while cooking. You do not want to overcook this cake or it will be dry and won’t roll properly.