Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are a great alternative to Philly sliders that are made with bread. Easy to prepare, low in carbs and gluten free – I can call this a perfect dinner!
Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 55 min
Servings: 2 per
- 1 lbs Bottom round steak, thinly sliced
- 2 Bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 Red Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 White Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Pickled Jalapeños, chopped
- 1/2 lbs Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- Trader Joe’s onion salt
- Sea salt
- Pre-heat over 350 degrees
- Cut Bell peppers in half and core them
- Drizzle avocado oil on them
- Bake 17-20 mins
- Freheat a large frying pan to medium-high and add olive/avocado oil
- Season steak with onion salt, pepper and sea salt.
- Sear each side of steak about 1-2 mins and pull off to let rest a couple.
- Cut steak into small 1/4”-3/8” square pieces.
- Preheat frying pan to medium and add avocado/olive oil once warm.
- Add thin sliced onions and Bell peppers to pan and cook while stirring often for about 10 mins.
- Mix Steak, cheese, bell peppers, onions and jalapeños in a bowl
- Fill bell peppers *Bake 10 more minutes until Cheese is melted