Delicious and creamy Paleo White Chicken Chili is an easy and comforting weeknight dinner that’s Whole30 compliant and full of flavor.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and membranes removed, diced
- 1½ lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups bone broth or chicken broth
- 4 oz can of diced green chili
- 14 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- Optional garnish: cilantro avocado slices, and/or more jalapeño slices
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and jalapeños and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Push the veggies to the side then add the chicken with cumin, chili powder, coriander, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 5 minutes until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the broth and diced green chili, and let the soup come to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium low, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl and use 2 forks to shred it completely.
- Add the chicken back to the soup, then add in coconut milk.
- Turn up the heat to medium high, then let the mixture come back to a boil.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes until the soup is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Take off heat and serve topped with your favorite garnish.