This quick and easy Paleo Instant Pot Butter Chicken is so creamy and packed with flavor from the combination of delicious spices. Pair it with cauliflower rice for a great low carb, keto meal.
Preparation: 2 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 Serving
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 2 lb chicken thighs cut into 2 inch pièces
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black Pepper
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Lime juice for garnish
- Cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Set Instant Pot to the Sauté setting and heat coconut oil in the pot until the Instant Pot indicates that it’s “hot.”
- In the meantime, place the chicken in a bowl and add all the spices to it (from garam masala to ground black pepper) and gently toss together. Set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the spice coated chicken to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes until mostly browned.
- Add tomato sauce and stir together.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Set it on MANUAL for 5 minutes.
- Once it beeps to a finish, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir in coconut milk.
- Garnish with lime juice and parsley or cilantro, and serve over cauliflower rice.