Chocolate Coconut Cashew Fig Bars are a no-bake dessert made in 3 easy steps! This no-bake recipe is vegan, paleo, grain free, and gluten-free.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
Yield: 8-11 bars
- 1 1/4 cup dried unsulphured figs or about 5-6 ounces (stems cut off)
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes (plus extra for topping)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of sea salt (1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup or more of dark chocolate or vegan dark chocolate chips to melt
- optional Toppings – extra chocolate chip, coconut, sea salt, fig, etc.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Next make sure your dried figs have all the stems cut off.
- Place cashew, coconut, salt, vanilla, and figs in food processor. (If you don’t have a high powered food processor or blender, then divide the ingredients in half and blend/grind in two batches).
- Blend until mixture is fine and able to stick together well. See pictures above.
Pour mixture into baking dish and press down well.
- While the fig/cashew mix sets in pan, melt your dark chocolate.
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or on stove top. Heat until melted. About 60-90 seconds in microwave mixing half way. See notes for stove top option.
- Next pour the chocolate over the cashew coconut batter and spread it evenly in the dish to cover all. noted if you need more dark chocolate to cover, just melt an additional 1/4 cup.
- Optional topping – Sprinkle extra coconut, cashew, sliced fig, and dash of sea salt on top of chocolate (evenly).
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes or fridge for a few hrs.
- Once they are hardened, remove from fridge.
- Slice into bars and wrap each one in foil for a quick grab and go bar. Or store in an airtight container.
- Best kept in fridge for freshness. Feel free to freezer for up to 8-10 weeks. These really do keep well!