Satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth with these delicious Carrot Cake with walnuts and lemon icing, they are perfect for a quick breakfast or treat.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 17-20 minutes
Servings: 4 Pers
For the cake:
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour.
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- A dash of sea salt.
- 2 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 tsp nutmeg.
- 2 medium size carrots, grated.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 1 flax egg (1 tsp of ground flaxseed with 3tsp hot water. Leave for two minutes until thick and give little whisk).
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- 1/2 a cup, or slightly less of water.
For the icing:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Juice of half lemon.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Get cake tins (I used mini ones that you put raw desserts in) and spray with non stick spray. You could also use a little coconut oil.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add the carrot, mix.
- Add water and flaxseed egg. You may not need all of the water, or you may need more depending on how you like your mixture. Mix.
- Divide the mixture in half and place in cake tins.
- Cook for around 17-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick, when it comes out clean it is cooked.
- Mix icing ingredients together and ice cake when cool. Top with walnuts.