This Keto Mexican Cheesy Skillet Chicken is incredibly flavorful, filling, and easy to make when you need dinner on the table quickly without skimping on taste.
Preparation: 35 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 12 oz bag steamed riced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning or taco seasoning packet
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter, then saute onion, pepper, and garlic until softened.
Steam riced cauliflower in microwave according to package directions.
- Add homemade taco seasoning, Rotel, chicken broth, and cauliflower to skillet.
- Stir to combine then cook on medium/low approx 10 minutes until extra liquid is absorbed.
- Add cooked chicken and stir well. If the mixture gets too thick, add a little more chicken broth.
- Simmer on low covered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cover, and simmer until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, etc.