Making your own candy bars is actually pretty and easy ,these healthy snickers need just 6 plant based ingredients and 20 minutes to prepare it, and they’re vegan friendly, gluten free, and refined sugar free.These Homemade Snickers will satisfy any sweet tooth, they’re easy to make and healthy for you too.
- 1 Cup soaked Medjool Dates.
- 3 Tbs Peanut Butter.
- 1 Tsp Maca Powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1-2 tbs of Water (if needed).
- 3/4 cup Oat Flour.
- 1/3 cup Date Caramel (from above).
- 2 Bars Dark Chocolate.
- 1/3 Cup Salted Roasted Peanuts.
- Line 8×4 pan with parchment paper.
- Soak dates in hot water. Drain liquid, and place in blender with peanut butter, maca, and salt. Blend until smooth. You may need to add 1-2 tbs water. It will be thick and creamy. Scoop out of food processor and set aside in a bowl.
- To food processor, add oat flour and 1/3 cup date caramel. Pulse until a crumbly, but sticky dough forms.
- Press Nougat layer into pan. Then, scoop caramel layer on top. Press peanuts into caramel. Place in freezer to harden for 1 hour.
- Melt dark chocolate (about 30 second intervals in the microwave).
- Once the Nougat Layer is hard, remove from freezer.
- Slice into bars (it made about 10 pieces) or in half again into mini bars (makes 20).
- Working quickly, dip cold bars into the chocolate to coat completely, and place on lined sheet.
- Drizzle any extra chocolate over the bars once all are covered.
- Place in fridge to set, and keep stored in the fridge.