Ring in the holiday season with this festive Gingerbread Bundt Cake! This is a show-stopping holiday cake that you and your family will love.
Gingerbread Bundt cake iced with a cashew frosting, and sprinkled with pomegranate jewels to make it extra festive, is really a delicious Christmas Cakes You’ll Want To Bake Year After Year.
- 370g Spelt flour
- 3/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 3/4 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 3/4 Tsp ground Nutmeg
- 2 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 1/4 Tsp ground Ginger
- 3/8 Tsp ground cloves
- 5/8 Tsp All spice
- 125g Vegan butter
- 280g brown soft sugar
- 1/2 Cup organic molasses
- 1/2 C + 2 Tbls Apple sauce
- 250ml Almond milk
- 1 Cup raw Cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 C coconut yogurt
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 40ml coconut oil- I use refined
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 Tsp ground Ginger
- 1/8 Tsp Allspice
- 1/8 Tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of cardamom
- Heat Oven 175C and grease Bundt tin.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of your mixer and whisk on high until mixture is pale and creamy.
- Next add the molasses, whisk for aprox 1 minute, (it will look like its curdled but don’t worry it’s normal), then add the Apple sauce and almond milk, combine well.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Now slowly add small amounts to the wet mixture and combine. Don’t over mix.
Pour mixture into tin.
- Place into oven and bake for aprox 40-45 mins or until cooked, (you can test this by sticking a skewer in, if it comes out clean it’s ready)
- Once cooked,remove from oven, leave in pan to cool completely before taking out.
- Place into wire rack.
- Next make your frosting: In a high speed blender add all the frosting ingredients. This will take a little patience for it to all combine and become smooth and creamy.
- Pour frosting over Cake and sprinkle with pomegranate jewels