Prepare time: 30 min
Cook: 3 min
Servings: 5 per
- 440 g dried chickpeas
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of yeast
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soak the chickpeas in 750 ml of water for at least 4 hours.
- Drain, then mix in a food processor for 30 seconds, until finely chopped.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin, yeast, 1 tablespoon of water.
- Season with salt and pepper, then mix 10 sec, until the mixture forms a coarse paste.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Take several tablespoons of dough and shape balls by hand.
- Remove excess liquid by pressing.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a frying pan to a third of its height and heat to 180°C. To control the temperature, dip a piece of bread in the oil: it must brown in 15 seconds.
- Gently dip the dough balls in the oil. Fry the falafels 3 to 4 minutes in several times.
- When the falafels are golden, remove them with a large skimmer. Drain them carefully.