This has been one of my most popular recipes because it’s simple and delicious!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 Slices
- 550 g zucchini
- 220 g onion
- 250 g bacon
- 200 g cheese (block)
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1/4 cup oïl
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the cheese into large cubes and add it to the TM bowl. Grate 2 sec/speed 7.
- Remove the cheese from the TM bowl and reserve it for later in a large bowl.
- 1/4 the onion and add it to the TM bowl. Blitz 3sec/speed 7.
- Remove the onion from the TM bowl and reserve it into a small bowl.
- 1/4 the zucchini’s and add it to the TM bowl. Blitz 3sec/speed 5.
- Remove the zucchini from the TM bowl and add it to the bowl of onions.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the onion and zucchini and combine it with the cheese in the larger bowl.
- Add the bacon to the TM bowl. Blitz 3sec/speed 5.
- Remove the bacon and add it to the reserved onion, cheese and zucchini mixture.
- Crack the eggs into the zucchini mixture, add the flour and oil. Stir by hand until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and bake for 40- 45 minutes or until the slice is golden and feels cooked through when pressed in the centre.
- The slice is delicious served hot or cold.