This Cilantro Lime Chicken is the perfect healthy dinner recipe and can be made in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot. Serve it over rice or as a filling for tacos. You can even prep it ahead of time and freeze until you need it.
Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 4-6 hrs
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernals (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 serrano (or jalapeno) peppers, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- Optional toppings for serving: salsa, cheese, avocado
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Stir to combine and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred, return to pot, stir and serve.
- Place all ingredients in a large ziploc bag and freeze flat.
- Prior to cooking, defrost over night in the refrigerator or under cold running water.
- Dump contents into the crockpot. Add a little bit of water to the bag, shake it around and add to crockpot to help get some of the cilantro out if it sticks to the bag.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts and serve over rice, as is or in tortillas.