Cake and chocolate are two of my favorite things in life. I am pretty sure most would agree with me. So, making this cherry cake recipe comes naturally! I used a bundt pan, but prefer the silicone bundt pan to make this in.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Can Cherry Coke Zero
- 1 Can No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ cup Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan or cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and coke zero until well blended.
- Fold the no-sugar-added pie filling into the cake batter. Don’t over mix, just fold to incorporate.
- Pour into pre-sprayed pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. (The cake will be moist, so it may take a bit longer depending on how hot your oven cooks).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cooling, heat chocolate frosting in microwave for 30 seconds or until liquefied.
- Pour over the cake and spread until covered.
- 5 SmartPoints per serving