Lemon and dill give this soup a fresh, bright note. It’s a simple yet flavourful way to use up leftover cooked chicken.
Preparation: 12 minutes
Cook: 18 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ pinch black Pepper
- 1 tsp table salt
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced and then chopped
- 2 cups cooked skinless boneless chicken breast , chopped
- 1 cup orzo
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsps dill, fresh ,chopped, divided (or more to taste)
- In a large soup pot, combine broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots, fennel and orzo, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, cook until heated through.
- Remove pot from heat, stir in lemon juice and dill. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- 3 SmartPoints (Green plan)
- 3 SmartPoints (Blue plan)
- 3 SmartPoints (Purple plan)