Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream (Dairy-Free), is the best ice cream ever, is fresh, sweet & creamy, bursting with strawberry flavor. Homemade vegan ice cream that’s easy to make and need just few ingrédients.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 0 minutes
Yield: 21 1/3 Cup Servings
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.66 oz.)
- 1 can coconut cream (13.66 oz.)
- ¼ cup raw cashew butter
- 2 ¼ cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3–5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- The day before, freeze the freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Day of, add coconut milk, coconut cream, raw cashew butter, strawberries, vanilla and almond extract to a food processor. Blend until smooth and well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add pure maple syrup to taste—3 tablespoons for less sweet, 5 for sweeter ice cream. Blend until well mixed.
- If using a large ice cream maker, pour mixture into ice cream maker. If using a standard ice cream maker, remove ½ cup of mixture, to avoid overflow. You can freeze the extras in a popsicle maker for easy strawberry popsicles!
- Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-4 hours, until firm.
- Strawberry vegan ice cream is best the first day. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.