Prepare time: 5 min
Cook: 1 hr
Servings: 4 per
- 500 ml (2 cups) pastry flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 ml (1 tsp.tea) vanilla extract
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) bananas (about 3), pureed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- Place the grill in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then butter a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder.Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with a whisk for about 1 minute, until mixture fades.
- Add eggs and vanilla, then whisk until homogeneous.Add the banana puree and beat with a wooden spoon.Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating.
- Spread the dough in the pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before unmoulding and slicing.