These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are a result of multiple tests to create a muffin with flavor and lower calories.This recipe is accidentally vegan and seriously amazing.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook: 18 minutes
Yield: 18 Servings
- 1 Sugar-Free Cake Mix (white or yellow)
- 1½ cups Granny Smith apples, chopped (approximately 3 small apples in ¼” dices)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray with nonstick spray or line full sized muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mash banana and mix well with applesauce.
- Mix together dry cake mix and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Pour mashed banana and apple sauce mixture as well as water over dry mixture and lightly mix, but don’t completely blend.
- Add in apples, and mix well.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup mixture into each muffin tin. This should make enough for 18 muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- These will be moist, but should not be liquid in the center.
- 3 SmartPoints per muffin on FreeStyle or Flex Plans
- 3 SmartPoints per muffin on Beyond the Scale
- 2 PointsPlus per muffin