Because we all need classic recipes to keep over time, I made you a recipe for American donuts with an absolutely perfect chocolate frosting.
To follow this gourmet trend, we propose you to test our American style donut recipe. Easy and fast, it will meet a great success with the whole family. To be tested without waiting to delight you for sure!
- 240g of flour
- 150g of sugar
- 2 tsp. of yeast
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 180 ml homemade buttermilk (or curdled milk)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract coffee
- 2 1/2 tablespoon. vegetable oil
For chocolate frosting
- 90g chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons. (30g) sweet butter
- 2 coffee spoon of honey or agave syrup
- 2 tsp. of water
- Multi coloured shimmer Vermicell
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease a donut mould with a little oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs with the homemade buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the preparation to a pastry bag, then fill the cavities of the donut mould up to 3/4 and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the donuts are a little elastic to the touch (be careful not to overcook them to prevent them from being too dry). Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
- For chocolate frosting: Place the chocolate cut into pieces, butter, honey (or agave syrup), and water in a bowl. Melt in the microwave for 20 seconds, then mix and repeat, until the mixture is soft and smooth.
- Dip the donuts in the chocolate glaze until they are half-baked, then place them on the grill. Cover with coloured vermicelli. Let cool for 20 minutes, until the icing takes good. Best served fresh on the same day, but can be stored for 2-3 days in an airtight box at room temperature.